- Officers and founder members of the British Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons
- Members of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Members of the European Society of Restoration Surgeons
- Members of the European Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Members of the Institute of Trichologists
Hair transplantation and other types of cosmetic surgery have the potential to be very beneficial in making us look better and consequently more confident. Losing your hair can make you feel unhappy about your self-image. This may affect your self-esteem and wreak subtle havoc in so many areas of your life. For many people, finding out about hair restoration surgery is the first cautious step to regaining self-confidence and returning to a more positive approach to life.
It is not vain to prefer to have hair. Hair is an essential part of your self image. Hair serves as an important heat retainer as a lot of your body heat escapes through the scalp. Your hair also serves to protect you from excessive ultra-vIolet radiation from the sun. Baldness makes you look older and exaggerates wrinkles and facial lines. The aim of hair restoration Is to create a frame around the face and soften the ageing effect of haIr loss. Self-esteem Is very important to the quality of your everyday life If it is affected by your hair loss then it makes sense that you want to find a positive solution.
Is the surgery expensive?
Not when compared to alternative treatments. Of course there is a cost involved, but the naturalness of growing your own hair makes hair transplants much more cost effective.
Remember that there are no other expenses involved afterwards. No lotions or chemicals to buy continually. No wigs or hair places to be continually maintained services and replaced. So in the long run, hair transplants are not only the most natural solution; they can also be the cheapest. The cost in detail can only be worked out after examining your scalp and assessing your hair loss at the consultation with one of the doctors.
Laser Hair Restoration
If you have only just began to lose your hair, typically for the past 1-6 years, rather than recommend a surgical procedure we may recommend Low Level Laser Therapy in combination with hair growth products.
Our hair loss Manchester clinic has one of the most advanced pulsed wave hair laser machines, which can stimulate hair follicles a few millimetres below the scalp surface in a safe and effective way. Blood flow is increased in the area bringing essential nutrients; oxygen and immune cells to optimise healing of damaged hair follicles and improve scalp health to grow stronger thicker hair. Proprietary hair growth products are used to block DHT, which is responsible for shrinking and damaging the hair follicles. Used together with the laser treatment hair regrowth is far more effective.
Can I regain the original density of my hair?
We are only redistributing your existing permanent hair to your thin or bald areas. We are not creating new hair. Having said that, in expert hands the donor hair available can be used to create a percentage of original density which varies from person to person. The most important achievement will be to restore frontal scalp hair and the hairline to create a frame around the face. This will improve how you look to yourself and others.
Is there any danger involved?
No. Hair root micro surgery is minor cosmetic surgery and one of the safest and most popular procedures performed today. Our clinic environment provides you with skilled and experienced surgical and nursing staff and hospital standard equipment.
OK, I'M CONVINCED, BUT WHERE SHOULD I HAVE IT DONE?
It is very important to make a wise decision and choose the right doctor or clinic for you. The following guidelines can help;
- Ask to see actual people who have had hair root surgery at the clinic in question. Photographs can be deceptive so insist on seeing a 'live' sample.
- Make sure your surgeon has totally dedicated his practice to hair surgery. Full time specialists in this field are more likely to get enough experienced to develop their techniques.
- Make sure you hair surgeon is up to date on the latest technology. Ask your surgeon if he/she regularly attends international meetings and seminars as part of his/her continuing education.
- Find out if the premises are registered with the local authority.
- Know what's out there and visit or talk to a few clinics. Beware of under quoting. Where you are quoted what seems to be an attractive, cheaper price for the total work. You may discover that the work you had was insufficient and that you have to spend more money to achieve the results you want. Make sure that the amount of work quoted is recommended to you directly by the surgeon.
THE HAIR & SCALP CLINIC
4 WARRINGTON ST
ASHTON UNDER LYNE
Tel/Fax 0044 (0) 161 330 1547